The firm’s technical staff possesses considerable skill and experience in fractured bedrock and karst settings. ALWI regularly evaluates safe yields, maps recharge areas and otherwise characterizes the hydrogeologic framework of wells and springs that issue from fractured and/or karst bedrock.
ALWI has successfully evaluated and developed water supplies in fractured and kart bedrock terrain throughout the Mid-Atlantic region. ALWI also specializes in designing and executing production well rehabilitation programs, wherein surface water influence, turbidity and bacterial contamination issues are addressed through carefully managed testing and reconstruction work. ALWI’s staff has authored many papers on hydrogeologic techniques as applied to fractured and karst terrain (e.g., sustainable well yield evaluation methods).
Water Supply Services
- Groundwater Feasibility Evaluations
- Impact and Permitting Reports
- Groundwater Supply Development
- Source Water Assessment and Wellhead Protection
- Bedrock and Karst Hydrogeology Specialization
- Spring Water Resource Characterization and Development
- Permit Applications & Regulatory Coordination
- Expert Testimony & Litigation Support
- Surface Water Hydrology
- Quarry and Mine Evaluations