Advanced Land and Water, Inc. is a hydrogeological and environmental consulting firm specializing in planning, assessing, developing, testing, permitting, managing and protecting water resources for both public and private sector concerns. We have extensive regional experience in water supply and wastewater disposal. Our water supply experience extends to both groundwater and surface water with respect to both new and existing supplies. Many of our largest projects and strongest client-service relationships have arisen in support of land development projects, county utilities and other public agencies in the State of Maryland.
We possess considerable experience in well siting using fracture trace analysis and geophysical methods, drilling program design and management, aquifer pumping test design, execution and interpretation, mathematical modeling of hydrogeologic systems, and safe yield evaluations. Our wastewater services include soil classification and suitability evaluations, percolation tests, spray and drip irrigation studies, infiltrometer tests, groundwater mounding calculations and nitrate loading assessments.
We have earned a reputation for providing innovative and cost-effective solutions by combining sound study criteria with economic, environmental and community considerations. As a corporate philosophy, our professional efforts are focused on protecting the environment for the betterment of public health and welfare. We pledge to provide value-added professional services of unsurpassed quality, responsiveness and cost-effectiveness.
Over its 13-year history, ALWI has continually refined and improved its approach to every aspect of land and water resources evaluation, development and permitting projects. With our unique knowledge and experience, we have developed proven measures to plan, execute and verify the results of our supporting technical evaluations.
ALWI distinguishes itself from its competitors by focusing its professional practice on the following:
- Water Supply Exploration, Testing, Permitting & Protection Plans
- Soil Percolation & Infiltrometer Tests for Wastewater Reuse & Discharge
- Groundwater Mounding Evaluations for Wastewater & Stormwater Design Projects
- Rehabilitation, Redevelopment & Yield Optimization of Existing Wells
- Hydrologic, Geologic & GIS Support for Engineering & Planning Evaluations
- Technical Representation, Expert Witness Testimony & Litigation Support
- Quarry, Mine & Energy Resources Permitting & Impact Evaluations
- Phase I & II ESAs, Contaminant Characterization & Remediation